Massena Public Library Building Open - Curbside Pick-Up and Limited In-Building Services
- Patrons will be allowed inside at a maximum of 50% of building occupancy.
- Patrons will enter and exit the library from either entrance and will be required to wear masks, and practice social distancing.
- All library materials that have been touched must be quarantined for 24 hours. Patrons should deposit materials they have touched but do not wish to take out in the bins provided for this purpose.
- Patrons will be permitted to browse all areas of the Library. Patrons will be permitted to work and read at the tables, but must remain socially distant.
- Patrons will be allowed to browse and visit the Warren Room to access the newspaper. The children’s area is open for browsing but all games, toys and activities are unavailable at this time.
- Curbside pickup service is still available.
Requesting, Borrowing and Returning Materials
Patrons are encouraged to continue placing holds using the online catalog (www.ncls.org) or by calling the Library at (315) 769-9914 for staff assistance. Library materials shall be returned in the exterior drop box. When inside the building library patrons will checkout at the Circulation Desk, by placing their library card with barcode side up on the countertop for staff to scan.
- Patrons can place materials on hold through the online catalog, or they can call the library for assistance with their needs.
- Patrons will be notified by staff phone call when their item is available for pick up during library hours.
- Patrons should call library staff from the library parking lot when they arrive for their pick up.
- Library staff will check out their materials, place them in a bag and put it outside the door.
- Patrons should wear a mask and maintain social distancing from other patrons when outside the library.
Computers and Wi-Fi
Four computers will be available for patron use in the public computer lab for 1.5 hours per day. In order to avoid disappointment, we encourage patrons to make an appointment to use the computers. The computer keyboard and the mouse will be covered with a disposable plastic cover that will changed between patron use.
Wi-Fi is available 24/7 inside and outside the library building.
Printing, copying faxing and notary services are available
Overdue fines for late materials will continue to be waived